Development of a procedure to use TerraSAR-X satellite data for forest inventories
Project with the company Definiens and ESA
(ESA ITT AO/1. 4842/05/I-EC)
- Delineation of forest/non-forest on the base of TerraSAR-X data
- Forest type classification by stratification of forest types based in optical data in combination with TerraSAR-X data
- Development of stock-of-woods-maps, based on LIDAR data
Project EON Ruhrgas
Analysis of laser scanning test datasets for the generation of forest maps and
the deduction of forest parameters for support of
Project of the structure and direction of the
administrative decision of South Rhineland-Palatinate,
Research Institute for Forest Ecology and Forest Science
Laser scanning analysis for the allocation of forest management data.
GSE Forest Monitoring
Landuse mapping, mapping of forest areas and forest types based on
high-resolution satellite data with visual and automated methods. Model
development and demonstration service for the reference user, surface area: ca. 46 000 km².
Mapping of storm areas based on aerial photographs, high-resolution satellite
data and SAR-images with visual and automated methods. Method development and
demonstration service, surface area: ca. 1 000 km²
Landuse mapping, mapping of forest biotypes, FFH and Natura 2000 areas
based on digital aerial photographs, satellite data and laser data with visual
and automated methods. Method development and demonstration service
for the reference user, surface area: ca. 2000 km².
Mapping and development of methods for the preparation and analysis of airborne
laser scanning data for environmental mapping. Method development and
demonstration services for the reference user.
- F.W. Breithaupt & Sohn GmbH, Germany
- Veneer Plant Kohl GmbH & Co, Germany
- Ruhrgas AG, Germany
- RWE Net AG, Germany
- SAG Energy Supply Solutions –CeGIT, Germany
Object-acquisition and distance measuring for planning and documentation in
cooperation with the RWE Net AG. Display of 3D-land surfaces and stand coverages
in view of environmental impact studies and damage assessments in
cooperation with Ruhrgas AG.
Department of Biodiversity Indicators from Remote Sensing Data; landuse mapping,
mapping of forest biotypes, FFH and Natura 2000 areas based on digital air
photos and satellite data with visual and automated methods. Methods
Project in the environmental & geoinfomatics sector, preparation of an internet
portal about sustainability-relevant information as well as learning programs
with the goal of providing support for
the strategy of the European Union for sustainable development.
- European Commission, General Direction 12
- Municipal Administration of Francavilla di Sicilia, Italy
- GYBON – Grammar School Bozeny Nemcove, Czech Republic
- Municipal Administration of Krimulda, Latvia
- Municipal Administration of Vysocina, Czech Republic.
Preparation of an internet-based tourist information system prototype and an
adaptation to the demands of multiple users (National Park Administrations
and Tourism Associations)
- Thayatal National Park Administration, Austria;
- Podyji National Park Administration, Czech Republic;
- Kozienice Landscape Park Administration, Poland;
- Nature Park Thüringer Forest e. V., Germany
- Tourism Association of Thüringer Forest e.V., Germany
Virtual Environmental Planning System
Development of a demonstration of a virtual planning system for the region and environment as a step in the direction of alternative methods in planning
participation. Through an interactive, three dimensional (3D), realistic
visualization, virtual reality, the user should be able to experience and
understand complex information about planning projects without any instruction,
because the impacts of planned projects for the cityscape and environment will
be clearly pictured through this representation.
- City Administration of the city of Stuttgart, Germany
- City Administration of the city of Waldkirch, Germany
The project MatchWood aims at an ecologically compatible, profit-oriented
advancement of regional forestry-wood value chains with the use of visualization techniques and laser-based data.
- Forest Administration of Baden-Württemberg
Select projects from previous years
from the sector of air photo interpretation and the field of service in the
sector of agriculture
- AGRO: Development of a spatially
referenced agro information system with the use of high-resolution satellite
data. Reference customer: Firma Agrolab
- A pilot project for the integration of remote sensing and enterprise
inventory for the purpose of property appraisal for the state forest of the
forestry office of Münster in the state of North Rhine-Westphalia.
- Reference customer: Regional Office for Ecology, Land Division and
Forests / State Office for Agricultural Land Division.